Monday, August 31, 2009

20090831 China's new-tech LCD industry gets $4B boost

BEIJING: China will promote the production of liquid crystal display (LCD) based on a new generation Thin Film Transistor (TFT) technology with a total investment of 28 billion yuan (US$4 billion), at Beijing Economic-Technological Development Area.

BOE Technology Group Co., an LCD-making company with patent technology on G8 TFT-LCD production, will complete a production factory by 2011 which is able to assemble 40-inch LCD TV screens.

Related readings:
China's new-tech LCD industry gets $4B boost TV makers suffer from soaring LCD panel prices
China's new-tech LCD industry gets $4B boost Taiwan LCD makers seek tie-ups with mainland firms
China's new-tech LCD industry gets $4B boost NEC closing LCD plant, reducing jobs to cut costs
China's new-tech LCD industry gets $4B boost LCD firms vie for mainland market

China's new-tech LCD industry gets $4B boost China imports 9.5% more LCD panels at higher cost

"Our products will meet the surging domestic demand for large-sized LCD TV screens with high quality but lower prices," said BOE Chairman Wang Dongsheng at the inauguration ceremony of the factory on Monday.

 blog it

2 comments:

  1. Hi,Miss Au Yeung.
    You may not know me as you haven't taught me before-I am a F.1 new Maryknoll student.
    Your blog and topic is so meaningful,I should say.It would be nice that if you can teach me some knowledge of Geography!
    (P.S.Forget to tell you that-I am Vanessa Mak's younger sister!Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to admit that Cynthia is really my sister, Ms Au Yeung, and my name is Vanessa Mak [3E (28)]of MCS.

    What I can see from this article is that China is developing very rapidly that right now the Chinese(some of them) are not only thinking of eating enough they are now thinking of ENJOYMENT! LCD TV? It's inevitable.

    I would also like to refer to the clip:
    EXPERT: BEWARE SHARK FINS FOR HEALTH, AND GREEN

    After I've read this clip, I feel rather sad to see what Chinese mean by ENJOYMENT: does it really have to cost the lives of all these precious species?

    I think the CPG should set up laws to protect animals that are rare (like sharks) and those that are not supposed to be food (like cats and dogs), and I would also suggest punishing (severely) anyone who violate these laws!

    ON the other hand, I think China should educate people on how they should protect the animals and have a humanitarian attitude on treating other people and all other organisms (but to exclude those that will harm!)

    What do you think of my comments?
    Reply me please!

    ReplyDelete